Access Services Librarian
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties and the School of Interdisciplinary Studies, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in the areas of Arts, Business and Social Sciences, and the broad curriculum covers an array of general education, interdisciplinary and science courses. The School of Graduate Studies offers research and taught postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines, and provides professional education for the wider society. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. Applications are now invited for the following post:
Access Services Librarian (at the rank of Assistant Manager I/II)
(Post Ref.: 23/191)
Reporting to the Associate Librarian or his/her delegate, the appointee will work in the Access Services team of the Library to undertake the following responsibilities with 80% in Access Services and 20% in Learning Support and Liaison.
- Assist to plan and implement policies, procedures and management of access services and resources sharing services, as well as management of the physical library premises and facilities
- Manage the daily operation of the access services, including managing operating budget, developing and maintaining counter roster, compiling statistics reports, supervising and training staff
- Collaborate with the Learning Support team for information literacy and liaison activities
- Organize and conduct workshops and seminars
- Represent the Library and participate in different committees and task forces both internally and externally
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors and University Librarian
Shift duties on evenings, weekends and public holidays will be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, particularly in the humanities, business or social sciences
- Recognized professional qualifications in Librarianship (MLS or equivalent)
- At least three years of relevant post-qualification working experience in libraries, preferably in academic libraries
- Proven ability to deal with the public, manage staff and organize complex projects
- A good command of English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Candidates with a solid background in Access Services, Reference or Learning Support will be an added advantage
Candidates with less/more experience will also be considered for appointment at a relevant rank.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
The rank and commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits and mandatory provident fund and gratuity.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click “Apply Now” to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.