Assistant Exhibition Manager (Job ID: 7008)
The Library is seeking an experienced individual to assist the Manager (Digital Scholarship & Archives) in planning and organizing exhibitions in the Library and other premises in the University.
The appointee’s major duties include:-
- Support the curation of exhibitions, monitor exhibits and loans, arrange storage and conduct registration;
- Assist in the preparation of exhibition related materials and content translation;
- Liaise and coordinate with exhibition designers, conservator, venue management, logistics companies, vendors and other parties;
- Support in procurement, budget and project monitoring, and generate regular reports; and
- Assist in organizing promotional activities, outreach programs and other education activities.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree preferably in Art History/ Museum Studies/ Cultural Studies or other related disciplines plus 3-5 years of work experience. Experience with digital exhibitions and/or exhibition marketing campaign would be an advantage. The ideal candidate should be a good team player and able to work independently under tight deadlines. S/He should also possess good interpersonal and communication skills; a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (i.e. both Cantonese and Putonghua); strong IT skills (e.g. skills in using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator); and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). (Duration: 1 year)
Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided where applicable.
In support of a green work environment, we accept applications submitted online only. To apply, please complete an online application form through the HKUST Careers website (https://hkustcareers.ust.hk) and return it online to the Human Resources Office. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement by email upon successful submission. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of the application.