The post-holder is expected to support the operation of the College Library. He/She will be responsible for:
- liaising with academic staff in collection development;
- collaborating with academic staff to organize library activities;
- cataloguing of library materials;
- supervising paraprofessional staff in circulation, cataloging and organization of learning resource materials to assure maximum accessibility and usefulness;
- designing and carrying out library training programmes for academic staff and students;
- assisting students to devise and execute a search strategy;
- providing research supports to academic staff and other research units;
- selecting and sharing library and subject information via email, Instagram and other channels to both staff and students;
- being familiar with the library management system to improve user experience;
- providing statistics and reports for librarian on strategically planning;
- providing information and feedback in the preparation of budget proposals, and for additional capital projects;
- taking on any other duties as deemed necessary by the Librarian.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- be a holder of Bachelor Degree in Library & Information science or related discipline;
- have a minimum of three years’ experience in the academic library setting;
- have the ability to work meticulously and independently;
- be self-motivated, well-mannered and a team player;
- have good computer skills and knowledge of LMS, preferably of Koha;
- be good at both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- be willing to work on staggered schedules to support the operation of the library. (The library opening hours are currently between 8:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on weekdays, and between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Saturdays.)
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts commencing as soon as possible.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, research grant, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
- Applicants are invited to:
- submit an application letter with a full curriculum vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of two references.
- specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary.
- send applications to HR Office, Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email ([email protected]).
- The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important notes to Applicants:
- Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
- Appointees will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check before appointment can be confirmed. The cost for the check will be reimbursable.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.