The main tasks for the appointee are:
1. Liaising with academic staff in collection development of ECE and other related disciplines;
2. Providing research support for staff and students with library workshops and interlibrary loan services;
3. Managing library collection, acquisition and cataloguing of new library materials;
4. Planning and delivering literacy and library programmes;
5. Promoting library services and collection through different social media;
6. Managing library system to improve user experience;
7. Providing statistics and reports for library strategic planning and budget proposals;
8. Supervising paraprofessional staff on day to day operations of the library;
9. Taking on other duties as assigned by the Librarian.
1. Bachelor Degree in Library & Information science or related discipline
2. Minimum of three years’ experience in academic library setting
3. Work meticulously and independently
4. Be attentive to details, self-motivated, well-mannered and a team player
5. Good IT skills and knowledge of LMS, preferably of Koha
6. Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
7. Perform shift duties and be willing to work irregular hours to support the operations of the Library
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Initial appointment will normally be made on a 24-month contract, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email ([email protected]).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important notes to Applicants
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.