Assistant Librarian I/II (Research and Learning Support) – Library (Ref: ALI/II (LIB) 2022-08-05)
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK is a residential institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique residential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. Listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021, the University aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring, moral values and social responsibilities.
The University now invites application for the following position:
- plan the development of information literacy, reference and research consultation services to support teaching, learning and research;
- collaborate with faculty members to design library classes for students;
- promote the use of library resources and assist in building library collections in support of academic curriculum;
- participate in the development of strategic plan, library website, online tutorials, subject guides, and etc.;
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the services by preparing statistics and reports;
- provide user education and perform reference duties; and
- supervise and provide training to supporting staff.
- possess a recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience with supervisory responsibilities;
- have knowledge of information literacy and experience in teaching library instruction classes;
- have knowledge in learning technologies and their applications to instruction;
- have ability to effectively respond to and resolve library issues for a wide variety of library users;
- have excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and language proficiency; and
- have skills and experience in graphic design and publicity activities.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings and on weekends. Applicants with work experience in academic libraries will be an advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested applicant should visit this link https://recruit.hsu.edu.hk/ and apply on or before 21 August 2022. Review of applications will begin soon until the position is filled. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee, is an equal opportunity employer.