Assistant Librarian II (Academic Support) Ref: 221111018-IE
THE HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
PAO YUE-KONG LIBRARY
Assistant Librarian II (Academic Support)
The appointee will work with a team of professional librarians and support staff to deliver quality library services in support of the University’s research and learning initiative. He/She will be required to:
- provide instructional and consultation services for students and faculty on finding, using and managing information effectively;
- develop the Library’s information literacy programmes, and collaborate with Faculty to integrate these programmes into the academic curriculum;
- support the scholarly communication needs of faculty and research students on dissemination and preservation of research output, enhancing research impact, and using bibliographical citation management tools;
- create interactive contents, instruction videos and innovative services to enhance Library’s e-learning support services;
- serve as the Faculty Librarian of the assigned Faculty/School to ensure Library’s resources and services meet their learning, teaching and research needs;
- support collection development of print and online resources;
- provide reference services, and;
- perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian or her delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a recognised degree with postgraduate qualification in Library Science, Information Science, Education or other relevant disciplines, and preferably working experience in a large academic library setting;
- good knowledge of creating learning objects and tutorials on online learning and teaching platforms, emerging instructional technologies, multimedia authoring tools, bibliographical management tools, and new forms of scholarly communication;
- excellent interpersonal, instructional, presentation, and customer service skills; and
- excellent communication skills in English and Chinese.
Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
Please submit an application through PolyU’s career website (https://jobs.polyu.edu.hk/management). Consideration of applications will commence on 25 November 2022 until the position is filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/pics_for_recruitment/.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
Closing date of application: Until the position is filled.