Assistant Librarian II (Systems Development and Support) – Library (Ref: ALII-SDS (LIB) 2021-10-08)
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK is a residential institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique residential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. Listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021, the University aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring, moral values and social responsibilities.
The University now invites application for the following position:
Assistant Librarian II (Systems Development and Support) – Library
(Ref: ALII-SDS (LIB) 2021-10-08)
- oversee Library systems including integrated library management system, information discovery platform, link resolver, web-based applications, RFID system and troubleshoot related issues;
- plan and develop state of the art system solutions (e.g. open-source software implementation and inhouse program development) for the advancement of library services;
- develop strategic plan, prepare technical reports and manage systems related budget;
- provide training and technological support to library staff in their operations and workflow;
- work collaboratively with Information Technology Services Centre, departments and suppliers to enhance library services; and
- perform shift duties at the reference desk.
- possess a recognised master’s degree, preferably with professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 3 years of post-qualification library systems experience in academic libraries;
- have knowledge of cloud-based integrated library management system, link resolver and discovery service;
- have excellent planning, organisational and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities; and
- have strong interpersonal skills for working in a team-based environment.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings and weekends. Applicants with work experience in the higher education sector will be an advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary by email to [email protected] or by post to Human Resources Office, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 7 November 2021. Please indicate the post applied for and mark ‘Application – Confidential’ and the reference number on the cover. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee, is an equal opportunity employer.