Assistant Library Officer/Library Officer (Ref.: 21/090/ADMIN/LO)
Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE / the Institute) (formerly known as Caritas Francis Hsu College [CFHC]) was established in 1985, and has since been offering Higher Diploma and Associate Degree Programmes in various disciplines. In May 2011, CFHC was granted degree-conferring status and was renamed as Caritas Institute of Higher Education. The Institute is devoted to educating our students to be responsible and respectable graduates who are academically and professionally well-educated and who can contribute to the social and moral well-being of the community. In the years to come, the Institute will be working vigorously towards establishing a self-financing Catholic University in Hong Kong.
Applications are now invited for the following post in the Library:
Assistant Library Officer/Library Officer
The appointee will
- provide technical support for library projects and learning facilities;
- assist in updating the content of the library website;
- assist in deploying and maintaining library applications and databases;
- take up operational duties relating to circulation, enquiry and information services, shelving and collection maintenance;
- work at service counters on a shift basis, including evenings and weekends;
- undertake other duties as assigned by the Librarian or by his/her delegates.
Applicants should have
- a recognized higher diploma or bachelor’s degree in information management or related disciplines, with relevant work experience, preferably in academic libraries;
- a familiarity with an Integrated Library System and discovery services;
- practical experience in the provision of support services to users;
- a sound knowledge of programming language, experience in graphic design and web-based developments;
- proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (fluency in Putonghua would be preferred);
- an ability to work independently and within a team in a self-motivated, organized and responsible manner.
Application Deadline: 5 November 2021
Notes for Applicants
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to applicants who are conversant with academic library operations. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested parties are invited to submit
- written application indicating expected salary;
- CV; and
- duly completed application form to the Institute Secretariat, 10/F, 18 Chui Ling Road, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories or email to: [email protected] before the application deadline. Candidates not invited for interview within 2 months after the application deadline may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All personal data provided by the applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment and employment-related purposes.