Assistant Library Officer (Ref.: 21/059/ADMIN/ALO)
Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE / the Institute) (formerly known as Caritas Francis Hsu College [CFHC]) was established in 1985, and has since been offering Higher Diploma and Associate Degree Programmes in various disciplines. In May 2011, CFHC was granted degree-conferring status and was renamed as Caritas Institute of Higher Education. The Institute is devoted to educating our students to be responsible and respectable graduates who are academically and professionally well-educated and who can contribute to the social and moral well-being of the community. In the years to come, the Institute will be working vigorously towards establishing a self-financing Catholic University in Hong Kong.
Applications are now invited for the following post in the Library:
Assistant Library Officer
Applicants should have
- higher diploma or a recognized bachelor degree, with at least one-year of working experience preferably in academic libraries;
- experience in working with an Integrated Library System and discovery services, preferably the ALEPH and PRIMO systems;
- knowledge of Resource Description & Access, MARC21 and Library of Congress Subject Headings and LC Classification Scheme;
- good command of computer applications including MS Word, Excel and Chinese word processing;
- good proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably be fluent in Putonghua);
- the essential attributes of service-oriented work attitude and the ability to work in teams and independently.
The appointee will
- perform original and copy cataloguing, end-processing of library materials, and maintain authority control for bibliographical records;
- assist in collecting cataloguing statistics and compiling usage reports;
- assist users in the use of library services, resources and facilities;
- perform book shelving, shelf-reading and book removal if required;
- answer general enquiries and provide clerical support;
- work at service counters on a regular shift basis, including evenings and weekends;
- undertake other duties as assigned by the Librarian or his/her delegates.
Application Deadline: 25 June 2021
Notes for Applicants
Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of academic library operations. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested parties are invited to submit
- written application indicating expected salary;
- CV; and
- duly completed application form
to the Institute Secretariat, 10/F, 18 Chui Ling Road, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories or email to: [email protected] before the application deadline. Candidates not invited for interview within 2 months after the application deadline may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All personal data provided by the applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment and employment-related purposes.