Assistant Technical Officer (Systems and Digital Services) Ref: 22010423-E3
THE HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
PAO YUE-KONG LIBRARY
Assistant Technical Officer (Systems and Digital Services)
Reporting to Senior Assistant Librarian (Systems and Digital Services), the appointee will work with a team of library staff members to develop, implement and maintain library applications and digital service initiatives. He/She will be required to:
- develop and maintain library digital services and systems;
- assist in designing, evaluating and implementing library applications;
- provide technical support to library users and staff at the Library’s Technical Support Desk;
- perform shift duties; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian or her delegates.
Applicants should have
- a recognised degree or a higher diploma in Computer Science, Information System or a related discipline;
- relevant working experience in programming and web application development;
- good interpersonal and customer service skills; and
- a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please send a completed application form by post to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong or via email to [email protected]. Application forms can be downloaded from https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/guidelines_and_forms/forms. If a separate curriculum vitae is to be provided, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Consideration of applications will commence on 18 January 2022 until the position is filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/guidelines_and_forms/pics_for_recruitment.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
Closing date of application: Until the position is filled.