The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK is a residential institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique residential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. Listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021, the University aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring, moral values and social responsibilities.
The University now invites application for the following position:
System Officer – Library (Ref: SO (LIB) 2022-11-25)
- develop, maintain and implement web-based and in-house applications for library automation, digital projects and new initiatives;
- work closely with different teams on system integration with API development and data analytics;
- create and manage statistic reports and dashboards;
- assist the administration, maintenance and enhancement of the integrated library system, discovery services, and RFID;
- support the computer hardware and software in the Library, in collaboration with Information Technology Services Center; and
- provide general enquiry assistance at service counters.
- possess a recognised university degree or equivalent, preferably in computer science, information science or related disciplines, with preferably at least 1 year of relevant work experience in web application design/development;
- preferably have working knowledge in library integrated systems and discovery services, and in server administration of Linux & Windows and RFID technology; and
- have a good command of written and spoken both English and Chinese.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings and weekend. Applicants with work experience in the higher education sector will be an advantage. Applicants with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant System Officer.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested applicant should visit this link https://recruit.hsu.edu.hk/ and apply on or before 11 December 2022. Review of applications will begin soon until the position is filled. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee, is an equal opportunity employer.