Gratia Christian College is registered under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320) and has started offering degree programmes since 2015. Currently, Gratia is offering three full-time bachelor honours degree programmes, 4 higher diploma programmes, and another at diploma level, with the vision of becoming a private independent Christian university that excels in liberal arts and professional education for developing servant leaders to serve the Chinese and global communities with competence and Christian love.
The College now seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position below:
The appointee will assist in providing user-friendly Library services for the College’s staff and students. Major duties include:
- provide services at the Library counter,
- perform original and copy cataloging as well as end-processing of library materials,
- ensure the tidy and orderly display of the Library collections,
- support and maintain the provision of a neat, pleasant, and safe library environment,
- offer clerical support to routine and ad hoc projects,
- assist in collating statistical information, and
- carry out other tasks as assigned.
Shift duties in the evenings, at weekends or on holidays at library counters are required.
Eligible candidates are expected to:
- possess a higher diploma in Library and Information Studies or related disciplines,
- have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese,
- be endowed with strong interpersonal skills and customer-oriented attitude,
- work both independently and collaboratively, and
- acquire a good knowledge of relevant computer applications, e.g. MS Office and Chinese word-processing.
Relevant work experience in academic libraries, including the use of library management system, is an advantage.
Terms of appointment:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment is on contract basis. Annual leave and medical benefits will be provided.
Please apply in writing with full resume and copies of academic qualifications, indicating the date of earliest availability, the latest and the expected salaries. Applications should be sent to the Human Resources Office, Gratia Christian College, 5 Wai Chi Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by email to [email protected] on or before Wednesday, 30 June 2021. For enquiries, please call at 5804 4140. Interview might be arranged before the deadline for suitable candidates once identified.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.