IT Officer (at the rank of Senior Library Assistant) (Systems Section) in the Library
- assist in the development and maintenance of web applications and websites;
- assist in the administration of Library servers (RHEL, Ubuntu);
- assist in the administration of library management systems (Millennium, Alma);
- provide IT-related services and support to both library office and users;
- co-ordinate with other units in the University and external vendors;
- take up various library operational duties; and
- perform other tasks as assigned.
Candidates should possess:
- a recognized university degree in information technology, computer science or related disciplines or above;
- working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating system;
- working knowledge of web design and editing;
- working knowledge of web content management systems (WordPress, Drupal);
- solid experience of adopting Open-source software and ability to work on any programming language as needed (eg. Ruby, Python) to provide local customization and enhancement;
- good analytical skill, demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, identify the cause and implement solutions;
- practical experience in the provision of support services to users;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- good computer skills, e.g. MS Office applications; and
- experience with library management systems (Millennium, Alma), 3D modeling, virtual reality and augmented reality technologies will be advantageous.
Candidates may be requested to take a written test.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in the evenings and on weekends.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send a completed application form, resume and Cover Letter to the University Librarian, Hong Kong Shue Yan University Library, 12 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill, North Point, H.K. Application form can be obtained at: https://www.hksyu.edu/download/Application%20Form%20for%20non-Academic%20Positions.doc
All application materials will be held in strict confidence. Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
The application closing date is 8th October 2021.