Learning Support and Access Services Manager
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties and the School of Interdisciplinary Studies, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in the areas of Arts, Business and Social Sciences, and the broad curriculum covers an array of general education, interdisciplinary and science courses. The School of Graduate Studies offers research and taught postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines, and provides professional education for the wider society. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. Applications are now invited for the following post:
Learning Support and Access Services Manager (at the rank of Manager /Assistant Manager I)
(Post Ref.: 23/188)
Reporting to the Associate Librarian, the appointee will oversee the operations of the Access Services team and the Learning Support team of the Library.
The appointee will be required to:
- Assist in the planning, implementation, coordination, promotion, and evaluation of the full suite of Learning Support-related activities
- Deliver information literacy programs including orientations, workshops, cultural events and all other reference and instruction services in in-person and digital formats for students and faculty
- Serve as library liaison to work with faculty and library Collection Development and Management team to build and manage library collection in different subject areas
- Oversee the projects and daily operation of the Access Services team
- Oversee the two teams’ operation including statistics, reporting, staff supervision, training and budget management, etc
- Derive innovative measures to enhance and promote library services and facilities
- Represent the Library in different committees and task forces both internally and externally
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors and University Librarian
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, particularly in the humanities, business or social sciences
- Recognized professional qualifications in Librarianship (MLS or equivalent)
- At least five years of relevant working experience in libraries, preferably in the operation of circulation/user service/access service/learning support/reference services of academic libraries
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging trends in reference services, research support, intellectual property and copyright issues
- A good command of English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Candidates with prior working experience in reference and instructional services will have added advantages
Candidates with less/more experience will also be considered for appointment at a relevant rank.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
The rank and commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits and mandatory provident fund and gratuity.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click “Apply Now” to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.