The post-holder plays an important role in leading the development of the boutique but vibrant College Library to support the academic development, teaching and learning of the College. He/She is expected to perform the following functions:
- To ensure the continuous development of library and ICT resources and services which cater to the changing needs of staff and students in the pursuit and achievement of the College’s academic development goals in the global professional environment and knowledge economy.
- To collaborate with the academic team and make an active contribution to the development of the College’s e-learning and pedagogical innovations.
- To manage the Library in the delivery of quality services and provide regular reports to the Academic Board on the development and upgrading of library services.
- To ensure that the needs of College teaching staff for reading and other learning resources to support student learning are met efficiently and effectively.
- To implement new technologies in traditional library formats, which includes making resources and databases available online and maintaining an updated and comprehensive database of all teaching and learning sources.
- To liaise regularly with the libraries of other tertiary institutions with a view to establishing relevant co-operative arrangements.
- To conduct regular orientation sessions in the Library for staff members and students.
- To coordinate and deliver information and digital literacy sessions to students, researchers and academic staff; and
- To perform any other duties as required by the College.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Holder of Masters Degree in Library & Information science or related discipline; a doctoral degree preferred;
- Have significant and relevant experience in the academic library setting;
- Strong in IT and leading IT development to support the development of e-learning;
- Have good computer skills and knowledge of library systems
- Self-motivated, well-mannered and a team player;
- Good at both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- Willing to work on staggered schedules to support the operation of the library. (The library opening hours are currently between 8:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on weekdays, and between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Saturdays. The operating hours may change to suit the College operation.)
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
Initial appointment will normally be made on a 24-month contract, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
- Submit an application letter with a full curriculum vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
- Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary.
- Send application to HR Office, Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email ([email protected])
- The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important notes to Applicants:
- Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
- Appointees will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check before appointment can be confirmed. The cost for the check will be reimbursable.
- Employment reference will be required.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.