The post-holder is expected to support the operation of the College Library. He/She will be responsible for:
- Assisting in purchase and acquisition logistics
- Cataloging and classifying library materials in various formats
- Managing and maintaining serial collection
- Performing circulation services
- Handling basic reference enquiries
- Assisting to update the library website
- Processing and filing documents
- Taking on other duties as assigned by the Librarian.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Holder of High Diploma in library and information services or related discipline
- Experience in academic library setting would be an advantage
- Ability to work meticulously and independently
- Self-motivated, well-mannered and a team player
- Have good computer skills and knowledge of LMS Koha
- Good at both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Willing to work on staggered schedules
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Initial appointment will normally be made on a renewable 24-month contract.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
- Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
- Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
- Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email ([email protected])..
- The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important notes to Applicants
- Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
- Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.