Library Assistant (Academic Support) Ref: 240202022
The appointee will be required to:
- provide information services to library users to meet their learning and research needs during rostered duties at the Library;
- support to tour-related matters such as updating tour scripts, recruitment and payroll for student helpers;
- conduct library tours to staff, students and visitors to the library facilities and resources;
- support promotional activities for library activities such as workshops and seminars by managing promotion schedule, designing promotional materials for different channels including mass emails, library website, digital wall, social media, etc.;
- provide logistical support for library workshops, events, and projects organised by the Section to support the University’s research and learning strategy;
- provide administrative support to ensure smooth running of the Section, such as updating and maintaining procedural documents and usage statistics;
- perform shift duties in the evening, on weekends and/or public holidays; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian or her delegates.
- have five passes in HKCEE including English Language (at least Grade C if Syllabus A; Level 2 if results are obtained from 2007 onwards), Chinese Language (Level 2 if results are obtained from 2007 onwards) and Mathematics; or a combination of results in five HKDSE subjects of Level 2 in New Senior Secondary subjects / “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects / Grade E in Other Language subjects, and the five subjects must include English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics;
- have at least five years of administrative or supervisory experience;
- have hands-on experience in social media promotion and graphic design;
- have a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word;
- have proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop; and
- have good customer services, interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work within a team.
Preference will be given to applicant who has a Bachelor’s Degree.
Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
Please submit an application through PolyU’s career website (https://jobs.polyu.edu.hk/general). Consideration of applications will commence on 15 February 2024 until the position is filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/pics_for_recruitment/.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
Closing date of application: Until the position is filled.