Library Assistant (Cataloguing & Collections Development Section)
- Catalogue and handle end processing for library materials in various formats;
- Maintain metadata standards for library materials;
- Assist in authority records control;
- Relocate collection to extend bookshelves’ space;
- Provide circulation / information services to library users;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Candidates should possess:
- a recognized university degree or above;
- knowledge of RDA, AACR2R, MARC21, LCSH, LCCS and Dublin Core;
- proficiency in English & Chinese typing;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- good computer skills, e.g. MS Office applications;
- attentiveness to detail;
- self-motivation, and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- library diploma or above (preferable);
- working experience in an academic library and archives record management (optional).
Candidates may be requested to take a written test.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings and on weekends.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send a completed application form, resume and Cover Letter to the University Librarian, Hong Kong Shue Yan University Library, 12 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill, North Point, H.K. Application form can be obtained at: https://www.hksyu.edu/download/Application%20Form%20for%20non-Academic%20Positions.doc
All application materials will be held in strict confidence. Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
The application closing date is April 7, 2021.