Library Assistant I (Research Support) Ref: 220916003-IE
THE HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
PAO YUE-KONG LIBRARY
Library Assistant I (Research Support)
Under the Research Support Section of the Library, the appointee will work with a team of library staff to support various services and projects to enhance research support services of the Library.
The appointee will be required to:
- to handle enquiries related to library services, research support and information searching;
- to assist in the compilation and maintenance of procedural documents, reports and statistics;
- to assist in the development and maintenance of library guides, creation of learning objects etc;
- to assist in the preparation of messages for mass emails to promote workshops, events, resources and services;
- to conduct library tours, orientation sessions and other training activities when necessary as assigned
- to perform counter duty at Enquiry Counter and any other shift duties as assigned, and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian or her delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a recognised degree, or a recognised certificate or diploma plus not less than three years of relevant experience;
- preferably relevant operation experience in a large library or an academic library;
- proficiency in computer applications, and preferably proficiency in Adobe Creative software, reference management tools such as EndNote, ;
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
Please submit an application through PolyU’s career website (https://jobs.polyu.edu.hk/general). Consideration of applications will commence on 29 September 2022 until the position is filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/pics_for_recruitment/.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
Closing date of application: Until the position is filled.