Library Assistant (Outreach and Public Services) – Library (Ref: LA (LIB) 2022-06-10)
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK is a residential institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique residential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. Listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021, the University aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring, moral values and social responsibilities.
The University now invites application for the following position:
- manage library services such as circulation, learning support and outreach activities;
- assist library users in the use of library services, equipment and facilities, and answer general enquiries;
- assist in developing online learning materials, organising library workshops, updating subject guides and creating posters;
- manage library records and prepare statistical reports on library operations and usage;
- assist in organising library-wide events (e.g. library orientation, exhibition, etc.); and
- perform shift duties at service counters.
- possess a recognised university degree and certificate for library assistants or equivalent;
- have experience in providing circulation and information services in an academic library;
- have proficiency in using Microsoft Office, library management systems and social media applications;
- preferably have experience in graphic design and website development;
- have good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English;
- have good interpersonal and organisational skills; and
- have positive service attitudes and the ability to manage multi-tasks.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings, on weekends and public holidays. Applicants with work experience in the higher education sector will be an advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested applicant should visit this link https://recruit.hsu.edu.hk/ and apply on or before 9 July 2022. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee, is an equal opportunity employer.