Library Assistants in the Library
Selected candidate will work in one of the following areas:
- Acquisitions Section
- assist the acquisitions of library materials in all formats and all operations;
- manage bibliographic, order and item records;
- follow up the reading lists in course outlines;
- assist in process new arrivals materials and compiling acquisitions statistics.
- Systems Section
- assist in development and maintenance of web applications and websites;
- assist in administration of library management systems, library servers and library applications;
- provide IT-related services and support to both library office and users;
- co-ordinate with other units in the University and external vendors;
- working knowledge of web skills is preferred.
Selected candidates are necessary to:
- take up various library operational and counter duties;
- perform other tasks as assigned; and
- shift duties on evenings, weekends and public holidays will be required.
Candidates should possess:
- a higher diploma or university degree in library management or information science or information technology or related disciplines;
- have good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- practical experience in provision of support services to users;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- good computer skills, e.g. MS Office applications; and
- have relevant working experience in academic library will be advantageous.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should email Application Form, Resume and Cover Letter to the University Librarian at [email protected] or mail to:
Hong Kong Shue Yan University,
12 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill,
North Point, H.K.
The application form can be accessed at:
All application materials will be held in strict confidence. Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21st October 2022