Library Officer (Ref.: 21/058/ADMIN/LO)
Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE / the Institute) (formerly known as Caritas Francis Hsu College [CFHC]) was established in 1985, and has since been offering Higher Diploma and Associate Degree Programmes in various disciplines. In May 2011, CFHC was granted degree-conferring status and was renamed as Caritas Institute of Higher Education. The Institute is devoted to educating our students to be responsible and respectable graduates who are academically and professionally well-educated and who can contribute to the social and moral well-being of the community. In the years to come, the Institute will be working vigorously towards establishing a self-financing Catholic University in Hong Kong.
Applications are now invited for the following post in the Library:
Applicants should have
- a recognized bachelor degree, with three years of relevant working experience preferably in academic libraries;
- experience in working with an Integrated Library System and discovery services, preferably the ALEPH and PRIMO systems;
- practical experience in provision of support services to users;
- knowledge of programming language, experience in graphic design, web-based development and software integration;
- good proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably be fluent in Putonghua);
- be able to work independently and within a team, self-motivated, organized and responsible.
The appointee will
- assist in updating the content of the library website and developing the online users’ guides;
- help maintain various library information systems, applications and databases;
- prepare statistical reports for supporting library planning and user services;
- provide IT-related services and support users in the use of library services, resources and facilities;
- take up various library operational duties including circulation, enquiry and information services, shelving and collection maintenance;
- work at service counters on a regular shift basis, including evenings and weekends;
- undertake other duties as assigned by the Librarian or his/her delegates.
Application Deadline: 25 June 2021
Notes for Applicants
Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of academic library operations. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested parties are invited to submit
- written application indicating expected salary;
- CV; and
- duly completed application form
to the Institute Secretariat, 10/F, 18 Chui Ling Road, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories or email to: [email protected] before the application deadline. Candidates not invited for interview within 2 months after the application deadline may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All personal data provided by the applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment and employment-related purposes.