Project Administrator (rank of Information Technology Officer) (PR0297/20-21)
The Library now seeks an enthusiastic and detail oriented individual to join the Digital and Multimedia Services Section to support the university’s Integrated Research and Information Management System (IRIMS) and develop digital scholarship projects. The successful candidate is expected to:
- manage a vast amount of research, publication and theses data using Python and APIs;
- organize and control the quality of digitized materials that are often produced on a massive scale;
- implement IRIMS to meet the specific expectations of the university, including the organization of user usability tests and assistance in UATs;
- train and coordinate project staff hired by faculty collaborators in terms of data development and enhancements;
- develop GIS applications to be used by scholars and the public, as well as web programs to facilitate internal workflow;
- conduct data analysis and perform data visualizations; and
- any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor. Shift duties are required.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of 2 years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 16 May 2021