Web Developer (at the rank of Information Technology Officer) (PR0215/21-22)
The Digital Initiatives and Research Cluster of the Library provides digital scholarship services for the university community through developing web applications to facilitate the public use of research materials and data. Types of web applications include relational databases, GIS applications, data visualisation, corpus, crowd-sourcing sites, etc. Please refer to https://digital.lib.hkbu.edu.hk/digital/project.php for more details.
The Library now seeks an enthusiastic and positive individual to join the team comprising IT and data professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Sophisticated front-end programming for digital scholarship project development;
- Web prototype and graphic design, where appropriate; and
- Provide support for other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or other related disciplines with at least three years of related work experience;
- Sound understanding of user interface and user experience design;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- A good command of English and Chinese;
- Willingness to keep up with new technologies; and
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Reference salary range: HK$26,990 – HK$43,145
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 5 November 2021