HKLA 2023 5th Local Visit to The EdUHK Library
As the finale of our 2023 local activities, HKLA is excited to offer members an insider’s tour of The Education University of Hong Kong Library (EdUHK Library). The visit will give you an exclusive look behind the pioneering features adopted by EdUHK Library for students and staff of the University.
Highlights of the tour include:
- 8 Future Classrooms set up inside the Library, providing state-of-the-art facilities and services for learners at different levels
- Zoning of the library building for different kinds of activities, from large group discussions to private research
- Hardware and software for production and use of AR, VR and multimedia learning objects
- Mobile apps supporting indoor positioning and checking out of library books by users themselves directly from the bookshelves
- A tour of Hong Kong Museum of Education which is also managed by EdUHK Library
HKLA members will have the chance to see extended realty applications in education and to have hands-on trials of various VR equipment including game stations, VR treadmill, and two different VR CAVEs. On the other hand, you will also see how low-tech elements are used by EdUHK Library to enhance its services.
Dr Sidney Cheng, University Librarian of EdUHK will lead the tour and will share with members his experience in transforming EdUHK Library from a traditional academic library into a cozy place for learning, teaching and research. Please join us in exploring the innovative (but not necessarily hi-tech) functions and facilities of EdUHK Library.
Date: December 2, 2023 (Saturday)
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm*
*The starting time for this visit will be 9:00 am and will end at 12:00 noon.
Location: University Library, The EdUHK University of Hong Kong (Location)
Quota: 40 members
We are pleased to offer free round-trip shuttle transportation from Kowloon Tong Station to the University.
Member who take the shuttle bus please meet at the EXIT F of the Kowloon Tong Station (Next to 7-Eleven convenience store) at 8:30 am.
The registration is closed. Thank you!
For enquiry, please contact the Programme Officer, Mr Ivan Siu (email: [email protected]).