City University of Hong Kong is a dynamic, fast-growing university that is pursuing excellence in research and professional education. As a publicly funded institution, the University is committed to nurturing and developing students’ talents and creating applicable knowledge to support social and economic advancement.
Applications are invited for :
Assistant Librarian II (Research Support and Scholarly Communication) in Library [Ref. B/725/03]
The Run Run Shaw Library of City University of Hong Kong is seeking a knowledgeable, energetic, and self-motivated professional to help in different research support and scholarly communication services.
The appointee will work under the Research Support and Scholarly Communication Section of the Library and collaborate closely with other librarians to plan, develop and deliver related services to support researchers in the face of new trends and demands in the emerging funding, publishing and scholarly communication environments. Major duties include to:
- Assist in open access (OA) service provision which includes managing platforms and workflows for OA publishing deals, promoting and handling OA self-archiving, conducting OA workshops and maintaining related user guides as well as gathering different OA statistics and information for reporting and service assessment;
- Participate in the planning and provision of research data management services which include user education and support in the preparation of data management plans with specific tools, developing use policies for the institutional data repository to be constructed, and providing support to researchers in the use of the repository for dataset curation and archiving to meet journal or funder requirements;
- Help in research impact measurement services by making use of different research analysis and benchmarking tools to identify suitable bibliometrics and non-traditional indicators as evidence to demonstrate the academic, social and political impact of research for different disciplines;
- Assist in metadata management in the University’s integrated research information management system in terms of authority control and data accuracy to support the generation of relational reports with validated records for trend and pattern analyses;
- Keep abreast of the trends and developments in the emerging funding, publishing and scholarly communication environments and continuously self-upgrade with the necessary skills for new services;
- Help in any other cross-sectional services; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A postgraduate degree in Library and Information Science or related disciplines plus a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines plus a minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chinese (including fluency in Putonghua) as well as good customer service skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism with strong motivation, innovation, flexibility, commitment, attention to details and multitasking capability; and
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and collegially with other colleagues are required.
- High level of comfort and competency in handling data and use of different application systems would be an advantage though on-the-job training on library-specific tools and platforms will be provided.
- Prior experience working in the tertiary educational sector, an academic library environment or the publishing industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of research cycle and the latest trend for open access, research data management, publishing and scholarly communication would be an advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test.
(Those who have responded to the previous advertisement need not re-apply.)
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract; fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes.
Information and Application
Further information on the post and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong [Email : [email protected]/Fax : 2788 1154 or 3442 0311].
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking #70 (QS 2024), and #4 among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS 2021); #4 in the World’s Most International Universities (THE 2023); #1 in Automation & Control/Electrical & Electronic Engineering/Materials Science & Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and #2 in Telecommunication Engineering in Hong Kong (GRAS 2023); and #42 Business School in the World and #5 in Asia (UT Dallas 2018 to 2022)