The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, caring attitudes, moral values and social responsibility.
Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique re sidential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. HSUHK is listed the 7th (overall) in the ASEAN+ region, the 1st in the Greater China region, and the 1st in Employability as per the 2023 AppliedHE ASEAN+ private university assessment by the Singapore-based AppliedHE. It is also listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021.
The University now invites application for the following position:
Information Technology Officer / Assistant Information Technology Officer – Library
(Ref: ITO/AITO(LIB) 2023-09-15)
- develop, maintain and implement web-based and in-house applications for library automation, digital projects and new initiatives;
- work closely with different teams on system integration with API development and data analytics;
- create and manage statistic reports and dashboards;
- assist the administration, maintenance and enhancement of the Integrated Library Systems, discovery services, and RFID;
- support the computer hardware and software in the Library, in collaboration with the Information Technology Services Center; and
- provide general enquiry assistance at service counters.
- possess a higher diploma or above in computer science or information science with at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience, a bachelor’s degree is preferred;
- have solid experience in using programming languages, such as HTML5, XML, PHP, MySQL, WordPress, API and Python, etc.;
- preferably have knowledge in Integrated Library Systems and discovery services;
- preferably have knowledge in server administration of Linux and Windows; and
- have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in the evenings and weekends. Work experience in the higher education sector will be an advantage. Applicants with less experience will be considered as Assistant Information Technology Officer.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested applicants should visit this link https://recruit.hsu.edu.hk/ and apply on or before 15 October 2023. A review of applications will begin soon until the position is filled. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer.