THE HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
PAO YUE-KONG LIBRARY
Assistant Librarian I
The appointee will work with a team of professional librarians and support staff to deliver quality library services in support of the University’s research and learning initiative. He/She will be required to:
- provide in-depth instructional and consultation services for students and faculty on finding, using and managing information effectively;
- develop the Library’s information literacy programmes, and take an active role in collaborating with Faculty to integrate these programmes into the academic curriculum;
- advise and support faculty and research students on dissemination and preservation of research output, enhancing research impact, and using bibliographical citation management tools;
- create online guides, interactive contents, instruction videos and innovative services to enhance Library’s e-learning support services;
- promote Library’s services and resources via various channels and engage with the academic and student communities to evaluate users’ needs;
- develop new Library services to support the University’s research and learning initiatives;
- serve as the Faculty Librarian of the assigned Faculty/School to ensure Library’s resources and services meet their learning, teaching and research needs;
- support collection development of print and online resources;
- provide reference services; and
- perform shift duties and any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian or her delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a recognised degree with postgraduate qualification in Library Science or Information Science, and substantial post-qualification experience in information work in an academic library setting;
- demonstrated experience in library instruction and reference services, information literacy, database searching, bibliographical management tools, and new forms of scholarly communication; and
- excellent instructional, presentation, communication and customer service skills.
Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement need not re-apply.]
Please submit an application through PolyU’s career website https://jobs.polyu.edu.hk/management. Consideration of applications will commence on 28 March 2023 until the position is filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/pics_for_recruitment/.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
Closing date of application: Until the position is filled.